Therapeutic Massage at Body Solutions
Massage therapy is a long-respected healing art and a drug-free antidote to stress and pain. Therapeutic methods used today come from both Eastern and Western traditions, synthesizing information from traditional approaches and modern day scientific knowledge.
At Body Solutions, we offer several types of massage including:
- Swedish Massage: Uses a system of long strokes, kneading and compression techniques on muscles and joints. Promotes general relaxation, improves circulation, range of motion and relieves muscle tension.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Uses concentrated finger pressure in tender or irritable spots in the muscle that can cause pain. This technique is often incorporated into the general Swedish massage.
- Neuromuscular TherapySometimes called myotherapy or deep tissue massage, this deeper technique may use hands, finger, thumbs and elbows to apply firmer pressure on or around hyper irritable spots of tension or pain. Often incorporated into Swedish massage.
- Connective Tissue Massage: A deeper technique used to stretch fascia layers that connect or bind organs and systems resulting in better hydrated fascia. CTM helps relieve chronic tension, increases movement, improves posture and enhances self-awareness.
Therapeutic massage has a wide range of benefits such as:
- Deep relaxation and stress reduction
- Relief of muscle tension and stiffness
- Reduced muscle spasm and tension
- Greater joint flexibility, range of motion, and increase eased of movement
- Promotes easier breathing and improves blood circulation
- Reduced blood pressure
- Relief of tension-related headaches and backaches
- Healthier, better nourished skin
- Faster healing time for pulled muscles and sprained ligaments: reduced spasm, pain and swelling; reduced formation of scar tissue
- Strengthened immune system
- Stimulates endorphins -- the body's natural pain killers
- Promotes health maintenance
- Reduced anxiety, clearer thinking, better concentration, uplifting moods, and an overall feeling of well-being and peace.
When you make a massage appointment at Body Solutions, here’s what you can expect:
- You will be asked about your medical history, your current physical condition and your reasons for getting the massage.
- You'll get ready for the massage by undressing in private and then lying down on our comfortable padded table.
- You’ll enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating massage by an experienced professional. You can choose between a half-hour, 45 minute, hour, or 90 minute massage treatment.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a relaxing and rejuvenating therapeutic massage.
Here’s what our clients have to say about us:
"I was totally uninitiated in massage therapy, but an hour-long massage has completely changed my understanding regarding its value, effectiveness as a service, and merit for the body and the mind." - Dave